Photographic Safaris - Namibia
We operate from our base at Gamsberg Mountain which is ideally located for exploring the South West of Namibia and what this area has to offer. Nearby attractions including the Skeleton Coast, Sossusvlei Dunes, Swakopmund and Walvis Bay as well as the Fish River Canyon and others. All these areas being accessible within one day’s drive from our base. Our typical photographic Safari will spend 4 or 5 days exploring what this region has to offer as well as offering other destinations further north (such as Etosha which is famous for it's wildlife). Some nights will also be spent at our base at Gamsberg/Mt. Barry Wilderness which also has a lot to offer in terms of Wildlife, beautiful, rugged and 'untouched' mountain landscape with a truly private experience (we only host one group at any one time so you will have this whole entire area to yourself).
We operate from both the lodge and tented camps here at Gamsberg/Mt. Barry Wilderness with our trips outside of this region based at some of the best camps and lodges that Namibia has to offer. Transport takes place in guided 4x4 vehicles with Air Conditioning which can pretty much take you wherever you want to go (as well as with the use air charters for some of your further destinations). We offer privately guided 'high end' custom designed trips tailored to your preference and interests on an all-inclusive basis.
Highlights of a visit to Namibia can include any of the following
• A 3 or 4 day stay at Groot Gamsberg and Mount Barry Wilderness where you can do the following activities:-
• Game drives to view wildlife, flora, fauna, geology and out- of- this- world scenery
• Picnics, hiking, leopard blind viewing, walking adventures, night drives, stalking, cave exploring, rock climbing
• Nearby: Star gazing, horse riding and horse studs, 4 wheel driving routes, Gamsberg Mountain drive/climb, Gamsberg Pass visit, Oaneb Lake water sports
• Visit to Swakopmund and Walvis Bay on the coast - charming towns, great restaurants, fishing, sand boarding, moonscape desert tours, dolphin harbour tours, sky diving and many other activitie
• Visit to the famous red dunes of Sossusvlei
• Fish River canyon in Southern Namibia
• Etosha National Park to see thousands of animals gathering at the waterholes
• The Caprivi Strip for fishing, visit the Ovambo and Kavango people
• Skeleton Coast - search for the desert lions and elephants and see the ancient ship wrecks and whale bone skeletons in Namibia's most remote and secretive region.
• Kalahari Desert experience and visiting the San tribes people
• Tracking the desert rhino in Damaraland and visiting the nomadic Himba people
For further information about photographic safaris with Robin Hurt then please contact us.